Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hello~ Chicago.

When I hear Chicago I think the famous pop group, Chicao and its famous song , Hard to say I'm sorry. Everyplace where I have never been makes my heart throb. Arriving at the Chicago I could see many Gothic style buildings on the street. It was very impressive to me. Because there are lots of modern rectangle buildings not old style buildings in Korea. Thanks to Eunyoung we went to a nice pizza store and we could enjoy rich flavor of chicago pizza for lunch. Our next destination was China town. Before visiting China town, I though I could feel a piece of atmosphere of China from the place. At a bus stop, we discussed way to China town. When we decided to return another station, timely China town direction bus came to our stop. One of our group members was chinese. I could find a glad expression on her face during China town trip. I heard that many chinese cosider red color with symbol of luck. When we entered an oriental article shops, I saw lots of splender china clothes for childeren, hats, bags, and fans. They are composed not only red color but other birght vivid color. One exciting pleasure of traveling is that we can do alive experience. When I was a high school student I studied 始皇帝, emperor Si and cavalrymen scruptures from his tomb. I saw that kind of scrupture at a curio store. The scruptures looked arive. I felt a little bit scary. But it must be interesting experience. I hope a China town in Chicago will last long long time for people who miss China culture.
We did not have ebough time to look around whole Chicago. Next time I will visit the art institue certainly. Van Gogh wait for me please.

4 comments:

eunyoung's blog said...

I was happy to be with you. next time I would like to go China town.^^

Linda said...

Our trip was impressive! We need to make a schedule for next trip, I think.^^ I also want to go to the restaurant in Chinatown.

Maitha said...

Nice day you had there Kelly !!

hopefully , you will visit Chicago again and especially the Art Institute .

I guess that Van Goh will wait for you!!!!

Rebecca K said...

What an interesting story about China town! You got to see something that you had studied before. :) I am glad the bus you wanted came at a convenient time!